Saturday, December 8, 2012

"The Magnet Stone" - an unaired Thundercats episode



Throughout 2011 I was spellbound by the restart of Thundercats. I fell in love with the characters, the drama and the amazing idea to have an entire kingdom rely on a group of characters with a complicated past, hidden flaws and young (a lot of times immature) personalities. Not to mention the king who was born into the throne and the brother who had to stand in the shadows. Having "The Kits" around gave the show a unique opportunity to look at the grown-up issues from a young perspective. As we get older, we are often reminded of our own childhood seeing a younger generation interact and so I felt I had the perfect setup to capture this switch to memory lane.

During the spring of 2012 I was in contact with some of the writers of Thundercats (2011) a long with some names at WB, they heard that I was interested in writing an episode and provided me with a few original scripts of the showand after a few months I returned with an episode I wrote. However, at that time, the show got frozen.

Now that the show is on hold and reruns on Tooami, I thought that some fans might enjoy reading this piece.

 "The Magnet Stone" - an unaired Thundercats episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment